These are your options for payment of your Real Estate, Personal Property, Motor Vehicle and Supplemental Motor Vehicle tax bills (please call the office to get your correct balance):
- In the Tax Collector's Office, we accept Cash or Checks (made payable to Town of Thompson). It is preferable to pay all of your tax bills on one check.
- Pay by mail via U.S.P.S.(use PO Box 845, N. Grosvenordale, CT 06255) or Overnight Delivery via UPS or FedEx (use 815 Riverside Drive, N. Grosvenordale, CT 06255). We accept Postmark as date of payment.
- On-line via Official Payments with your credit or debit card here or by calling 800-487-4567. Official Payments charges the customer 3% of the total for credit or debit cards (minimum of $2.95) and a $3.00 flat fee for e-checks under $10,000 or a $15.00 fee for $10,000+
- We require separate payments (cash or check only) for Transfer Station Permits (made payable to Town of Thompson) and Sewer Tax bills (made payable to T.W.P.C.A.)
- DMV POLICY (effective 8/1/2015) All paid accounts for Motor Vehicles are updated electronically with DMV at the close of each business day. You will be able to register a vehicle or renew your registration on the following DMV business day. Please note that payments made on-line through Official Payments will require 1-2 additional business days for processing and updating.