Do You need any of the following services from the Town Clerk's Office during closure?


Absentee Ballot: Regular Absentee Ballots for the Presidential Preference Primary become available on April 7th. The applications are available on the Town Clerk's page on the Town website ( Just print one off, fill it out, and mail it to our office (PO Box 899 N. Grosvenordale, CT 06255) or drop in the Town Clerk lock box located at the main entrance to town hall. We will mail you your absentee ballot on April 7th. If you cannot print off an application please call our office and we will mail you one (860-923-9900)

Land Record Copies, Recordings and Title Searches: As always, we accept recordings via mail and e-recording.  In addition there is a drop box for documents.  We use IQS for our land records and land record index is back to 1939 online and images are back to 1968.  Urgent copies may be requested via phone or email and we can mail or email them to you.

Fish & Game Licenses: You can obtain your own Fish and Game License on the DEEP website (see link below). The fee for them is the same as it would be if the Licenses were bought in our office. If you do not have access to the internet please call our office. We will prepare the license and mail it to you after we receive your payment either in the drop box or mail.  We will not be processing fish & game licenses in person at this time.

Filing of Death Certificates:If you are from a funeral home and need to file death certificates and/or obtain burial and cremation permits, please just call to let us know you are coming if at all possible. (860-923-9900)

Certified Copies of Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificates:These can be obtained through the mail. Mail the Town Clerk’s Office a written request (links to the proper forms can be found on the Town Clerk's page on the Town website ( along with a copy of your ID, and $20.00 (check) for each Certified copy. We will mail the certified copy to you the day we receive your request. If you absolutely need the Certified Copy immediately you can call our office 860-923-9900. Please have your written request, ID, and a check for $20.00 ready and we will have your copy ready for you.

Marriage Licenses:If you are getting married in Thompson within 65 days of your application date, you will need to obtain your marriage license from the Thompson Town Clerk’s office. Print out the Marriage License Worksheet on the Town Clerk's page on the Town website ( and complete it. Please call to make an appointment for your marriage license. If possible, please provide the completed form prior to your appointment via email ( so we can prepare the marriage license ahead of time. Both parties will need to be present and show us Identification. There is also a $50.00 charge for the marriage license. Only cash and check is accepted at this time.

Dog Licenses:Mail us the dog’s rabies certificate, spay or neuter certificate, a complete dog license application (link to this form can be found on the Town Clerk's page on the Town website ( and a check ($8.00 if spayed/neutered, $19.00 if NOT spayed/neutered as well as any late fees), as well as a stamped, self-address envelope, and we will mail you the dog license. Our mailing address is Town Clerk, PO Box 899, N. Grosvenordale, CT 06255.  Urgent dog licenses per order of the Animal Control Officer will be handled at the Town Hall. Please call 860-923-9900 to let us know you are coming.