Thompson Parcel Map
This map contains all Town parcels including ownership and have map themes that can be turned on and off which help identify natural and man-made features. Aerial photography and links to Google maps also provided. This map application can also be used to create an abutters list for land use applications.
TOWN HALL MAPS.COM
THOMPSON TRAILS COMMITTEE
The Town of Thompson is lucky to have within its borders many publicly accessible trails available for hiking or easy walking, nature study, biking, horseback riding and boating. These trails are diverse in terrain. Some provide handicap accessibility and some connect to trail systems in neighboring communities. They include town-owned and state-owned properties, and U.S. Army Corps of Engineering land.
Trail Maps are available at the Thompson Library Information Table and at Town Hall.
• Airline Trail (from Mass. border to Putnam on old railroad bed)
• Tri-State Marker Trail (off Airline Trail, 2 miles round trip, steep & rocky)
• Orange Trail (Fabyan to West Thompson Lake, USACE)
• Fabyan River Trail/Fisherman’s Walk (1.2 miles round trip, boat launch & parking lot, USACE)
• Bull Hill Recreation Area (easy 1 mile loop)
• North Grosvenordale River Walk (3.2 miles round trip, mostly paved, handicap & bike accessible)
• Quaddick State Park (1.5 miles round trip, easy to moderate)
• Tamler Preserve (.6 miles round trip, mostly easy )
• Border Trail (access to George Washington/Pulaski Management Areas, R. I.)
For additional information & maps click on these links:
West Thompson Lake
Quaddick State Park, CT
Douglas State Forest, MA
Casimir Pulaski Memorial State Park, RI
Rhode Island Nature Trails
George Washington Management Area, RI